3.14.2012

GO >> Valencia

I've been staring at this blank screen for way to long. I'm not sure where to start.

This time last week I was in a different and very foreign country, on a continent I had never visited before, and walking around a university that was unknown to me 3 months ago. I was both frustrated by my total inability to speak or understand the language surrounding me and surprised at how easy it was to connect deeply with people despite vast language and cultural differences. I was in awe of the sense of family that can exist so instantly among the people of God.

And today, I'm back at my computer, in my windowless office, pondering how we blip back into our normal life so quickly. Picking back up where we left off, while carrying with us the things we saw and learned, is what I desire to gain from this experience. As impactful as it is to fly across the world to serve and love others, I am more and more convinced that we are called to live with missional hearts right here in our own city, jobs, and neighborhoods.

It's hard to distill the stories and lessons learned from last week's journey to and through Valencia, and I confess I'm not quite up to that challenge yet. The fatigue of waking at 4:30am daily and returning to the apartment at 10pm caught up with me on Monday morning, and I'm fighting to stay awake at my desk. There were some miraculous provisions of translators, ordinary moments that required obedience, and transcendent moments of watching God work in and through and around us. I continue to be humbled and grateful for the love, prayers, and financial support we received for this journey, and certainly hope to bring encouragement and light through this experience.


// katie anne

No comments:

Post a Comment